When we come out of the art gallery, we can reach the high towers either by turning left and going through the passage under the residential tower an then the Hundred Pillared Courtyard, or turning right and walking back through the Elephant Garden. It is worth climbing up to the top not only because of the view of the town and the surroundings but the sight of the castle itself as well.
The Guardroom is at the bottom of the Pointed Tower where we can see a torso of Saint Sebastian made of painted wood, maybe from the late 18th century, and the cast copy of Bory’s Ecce Homo (1922). The figure of the life size, tortured, broken Christ is sitting in front of us. Its figure is built up with tough, lumpish shapes, which is very unusual of Jenő Bory. With this work he won the Szilárd Rükk Prize in 1922 at the Exhibition at the Art Gallery in Budapest.
Going upstairs in the tower we find the date 1905 written on a window on the first floor and 1907 on the second floor. The first is the year when the artist couple met and the third is the date of their marriage. From the first floor we can approach the historical arcade, from the second floor a balcony and the fourth floor is the tower itself, from where not only the town but also the Vértes and Bakony Mountains can be seen in clear weather.